Re: Bluebirds to Run extra services in SA?

Maurie Daly wrote:

> In article <377479E5.966D96CD@omni.com.au> David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au> writes:
> >Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 17:59:33 +1100
> >From: David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au>
> >Subject: Re: Bluebirds to Run extra services in SA?
>
> >Neil Waller wrote:
> >> The ex Director of Transport could hardly contain his mirth at the
> >> suggestion of North Terrace being used for interstate trains.
>
> >That's rich, considering in years past North Terrace used to handle
> >3 divisions of the Overland on a regular basis.
>
> It handled more than 3 Overlands.

I was only talking about interstate trains.

I recall that one Easter in the early 1970s there was even a 5th
division of
the Overland. It included the two now preserved ABUs, placed in the middle
of the train as they were screw coupled at one end. Screw couplers were banned
in SA at the time, but lucking nobody noticed.

Cheers
David