Re: ARHS/nsw Track and Signal diagrams CD ROM (NSW)

Mr Simpson <mdoyle@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote:

>Geoff Lambert wrote:

>> The program is extraordinarily hungry of system resources: I think
>> they recommend something like a minumum of 32 Meg memory, 2 Gig disk,
>> 200MHz processor, etc.
>>

>It begs the question as to why 2 Gb is needed? are the pics THAT big??

No, and the 2G was a bit of guess, because I didn't have the specs in
front of me at the time.

The recommendations are actually:

Pentium 75 or better
16M RAM or better
250MB disk or better

The largest image size is is about 1 MByte, which I think applies to
"blueprints"- light on a dark background.  Most images are in the 100
to 200 KByte range.  All are TIFF files.  You don't need the software
to look at the images, although the TIFF files are not readable by all
image software packages.  The software is a read-only, stripped-down,
version of DB/TextWorks a data management package.

Geoff Lambert