Re: ARHS/nsw Track and Signal diagrams CD ROM (NSW)

"M.G.Smith" <gard@bigpond.com> wrote:

>I get an error message when trying to view the images on the CD ROM, using
>the program provided.
>It says "A program error has occured, click to ignore to continue, click
>close to exit"
>Clicking ignore only brings up the same dialog box.
>I can print an image OK.
>Anyone had the same problem?
>Anyone suggest how to fix?
>P.S. I can view the images using a "tiff" viewer, so there is nothing wrong
>with the images, just the program.

Yes, the software supplied with the images seems to be quite unstable
and often crashes my own system.  I find that it helps to have a
recently re-booted system running, but even then, after an hour or so,
the instabilities creep back.

One sure was to induce the instability is to invoke the "scale to
grey" option on the menu.

The program is extraordinarily hungry of system resources: I think
they recommend something like a minumum of 32 Meg memory, 2 Gig disk,
200MHz processor, etc.

Apart from having a freshly-rebooted system running  when you open the
program and avoiding any image manipulation, I don't have an answer.

"Click to ignore" is a standard Windows error message that has never,
ever ever worked on anybody's machine when they choose to "click".
Recovery is never possible from this error.

Geoff Lambert