Re: Bugger all express services on Hillside Trains (was "NoExpress...

Tony Gatt <baulko@tig.com.au> wrote in message
7l1n0t$15v$1@toto.tig.com.au">news:7l1n0t$15v$1@toto.tig.com.au...

<one big ker-snip!>

> The other thing is MT trams. Running from Preston Depot via Brunswick St
> the City, and then starting. Why couldn't they start from Preston and pick
> up passengers along the way?

Exactly.  The theatre I go to is on the no. 69 line from Kew (Cotham Rd.) to
Luna Park (St. Kilda Beach).  This and the no. 8 line from Toorak
(Glenferrie Rd.) to University of Melbourne operate from Malvern Depot.  The
good thing is, if you live in Malvern and have taken a terminating Toorak
tram, you can stay on the tram right up to the doors of Malvern Depot, and
vice versa.  I came from uni the other day to a rehearsal, and took the tram
right from the University Terminus to the rehearsal site (Deakin University
(Toorak Campus), between the end of the Toorak line and the depot).  As soon
as a no. 8 tram leaves the depot, it picks passengers up the whole way to
the beginning of the line at Glenferrie and Toorak Rds.

Wouldn't it be lovely if all trams did this?  But alas, that would be a
service to the public, and we can't have that!