Re: Bugger all express services on Hillside Trains (was "NoExpress...

> I will admit that running trains "empty cars" is a
> stupid practice, andalthough it is done strictly for the Company's
> convenience, they always have an excuse on why that perticular train
> can't carry passengers.

Spending an evening at Ringwood once, I was surprised that a train from
Lilydale (at around 6 pm) terminated at Ringwood, only to run MT to
Camberwell Sidings.

There is no reason that the train could not have terminated at Box Hill, or
at Camberwell.
At Camberwell, the requirement to shunt the main line would be there, but I
am sure they could do this. It was only a 3 car set and there is a shunting
next between the up and Centre Lines at the up end of Camberwell.

The other thing is MT trams. Running from Preston Depot via Brunswick St to
the City, and then starting. Why couldn't they start from Preston and pick
up passengers along the way?

Tony.