Re: Bugger all express services on Hillside Trains (was "No Express Service on CityRail compared to TransAdelaide")

"FRISCÉ Theatre Co. (Bryan Cullis)" wrote:

> I live on the Belgrave line in Melbourne.  Stopping all stations, trains to
> Belgrave take 65 minutes from Flinders St. direct (I live closest to Upwey,
> third last station, 61 minutes).  We do have express trains (95% running Box
> Hill-Camberwell-Glenferrie-Richmond), but only as far as Box Hill (27
> minutes).  They take about eight minutes off the trip and only run at high
> peak during weekday mornings and evenings.  Taking the train to the city on
> a weekend is hell.

They do run some express empty car movements, don't they?

There's Met-tradition service for you. Run the passenger trains as slow
as possible, run the empty cars as fast as possible. If you can't
discourage the prospective passengers effectively enough by providing an
appallingly slow (and often infrequent) service, at least add some
insult to injury by making them fume when they see empty cars running
around at speed.

Eddie