Re: No Express Service on CityRail compared to TransAdelaide

In article <37685b15.0@nexus.comcen.com.au>,
Matthew Neil <toyboy@syd.comcen.com.au> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I live on the Sydney Illawarra Line. Trains to Cronulla stop at many
>stations along the route which can take up to 45-50 minutes from Central
>Station.
>
>I used to live on the Outer Harbor Line in Adelaide where, during peak hour,
>Express trains used to run express from the City to Ethelton and get me home
>in 25 mins. Can some please tell me why Sydney trains do not run peak hour
>express services?

 'Cause the councils at all the major stops along the way lobby for the
express trains to stop at their station.
 This is what caused Rockdale to get added to Cronulla express services.
 Soon Wolli Creek will get added as well.

 The main problem with the Cronulla trains is the lack of a 'local' between
Hurstville and Sutherland.

 Try getting a Waterfall train on a weekend evening - all stations to
Waterfall as the local services that service all stations during the day
dont run...