Re: VLP sold

David Bromage wrote:

> Staegcoach doesn't have an impressive record with it's rail franchises
> in the UK. They decided it was cheaper to cop fines for cancelled trains
> rather than hire more drivers!

Yes, I keep hearing this. But there are no fines in New Zealand for such
things, and Stagecoach has been an innovative company here, increasing
services, reducing fares and putting lots of new low-floor buses into
service. They also like Wellington's trolleybuses, which is more than
can be said for the city council transport department they bought them
off. I can only judge them on my daily experience.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand