Re: Violence on Sydney trains

Railway Rasputin wrote in message <3764AC09.BF36A3FA@fastlink.com.au>...

>Once again "experts" strike again.

Never claimed to be an expert - reporting on what the builders and designers
told me.

>We can't use the guards controls near the doors because it is dangerous.

Never said it wasn't.

>You can't watch the train in and out of the platform because the "crew"
door
>settings are the same as the "passenger" settings and will close upon
hitting
>5kph.

Have been informed that the "crew" doors will remain open until the guard
hits the close button - ope to correction of course.

>If you were to try making this work, you fault under union regs and OHS.

I think it would be a bad idea to do this - I was merely commenting on the
original posters ideas, and how it is *technically* possible to make it work
in Sydney - practically impossible, but technically impossible.

>I should know because I wanted to do this when I first became a guard but
was
>put in my place. (Rightly so.)

I have seen it done (by a guard just out of training) - never again.

DaveP