Re: Violence on Sydney trains

Why do we need Chub personnel at all. There is a perfectly healthy person
paid by CityRail to sit on his/her bum for nine tenths of their shift in a
locked compartment on our trains. In most other countries their counterparts
walk the lenth of the train at regular intervals ensuring that no mischief
is occurring. Tangara and most other trains are fitted with two-way speakers
to communicate with these seldom seen personnel if they must insist of
remaining out of public view. They can communicate with police just as
easily as Chub can. It seems to me that CityRail guards are no more anxious
to intervene than the private security guards they are so anxious to
criticise.

Geoff