Re: Smelly Melbourne Trains

In article <7jpkmd$hlm$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>, cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au says...
> A good story for once.
> Yesterday after a 3 hour exam, I went to catch the 5:30pm Flinders Street
> train from the Showgrounds.  It was dark (no lights on at the station,
> only used for show time) raining and the station was locked.  At about
> 5:25 a comeng came along and stopped, it was raining and I wanted to get
> home, I found a gate that had a small gap in it and got onto the platform
> I went and told the driver the station was locked and he opened one of the
> many gates.  About 300 people got on that train. (left 5 minutes late)
>
> It was cold and wet and dark outside.
> The train was warm, clean and no bad smells.
>
> It was one of the better trains I have been on, I just wish I had a camera
> to take a picture of this train sitting in showgrounds platform, all doors
> open, bright light coming out and reflecting on the wet platform, looked
> like the train was heaven.  (BTW the train was Hillside)
>

> --
> Chris Gordon
> http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord

I was there too.. I would like to publicly thank you for getting the
driver... the driver actually tried to open about 4 gates until he got
one open...

I thought more of a scene where in the old war movies you were stopped
from getting to the train to cross the border by this fence with barbed
wire on the top =)

cheers
Johann