Re: Smelly Melbourne Trains

A good story for once.
Yesterday after a 3 hour exam, I went to catch the 5:30pm Flinders Street
train from the Showgrounds.  It was dark (no lights on at the station,
only used for show time) raining and the station was locked.  At about
5:25 a comeng came along and stopped, it was raining and I wanted to get
home, I found a gate that had a small gap in it and got onto the platform
I went and told the driver the station was locked and he opened one of the
many gates.  About 300 people got on that train. (left 5 minutes late)

It was cold and wet and dark outside.
The train was warm, clean and no bad smells.

It was one of the better trains I have been on, I just wish I had a camera
to take a picture of this train sitting in showgrounds platform, all doors
open, bright light coming out and reflecting on the wet platform, looked
like the train was heaven.  (BTW the train was Hillside)

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord