Re: Smelly Melbourne Trains

cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin GORDON) writes:

> A good story for once.
> Yesterday after a 3 hour exam, I went to catch the 5:30pm Flinders Street
> train from the Showgrounds.  It was dark (no lights on at the station,
> only used for show time) raining and the station was locked.  At about
> 5:25 a comeng came along and stopped, it was raining and I wanted to get
> home, I found a gate that had a small gap in it and got onto the platform
> I went and told the driver the station was locked and he opened one of the
> many gates.  About 300 people got on that train. (left 5 minutes late)
>
> It was cold and wet and dark outside.
> The train was warm, clean and no bad smells.
>
> It was one of the better trains I have been on, I just wish I had a camera
> to take a picture of this train sitting in showgrounds platform, all doors
> open, bright light coming out and reflecting on the wet platform, looked
> like the train was heaven.  (BTW the train was Hillside)

One of the oddest features of the Hillside/Bayside split is that
Hillside got Flemington Racecourse & the Showgrounds.

Which are reached via the Broadmeadows line, a line that no other
Hillside train ever traverses.

Weird.

--
Clive Newall <crn@itga.com.au> / ITG Australia Ltd, Melbourne Australia
"I think Casper is the ghost of Richie Rich. I wonder how Richie died?"