Re: Tram Stop platforms [was VR trams (was Batman Avenue Trams Finished!)

John Duncan McCallum wrote:

> David McLoughlin wrote:

> > I can't follow why so many people here are saying the Z trams can't use
> > stops with platforms. I have just gone through the photos I took all
> > over the system 18 months ago and there are several of Zs using stops
> > with platforms similar to the one that was at Swanston&Flinders.
>
> > For example, one of the photos is of a Z inbound at the platform stop in
> > Brighton Road on Route 67, just before the Chapel Street junction.
> > Another is the North Melbourne terminus at the junction with Flemington
> > Road. There are several more.
>
> There was no platform at these locations. Passengers boarded from road
> level.
> Even at stops where there was kerbing, (such as Victoria Parade), the
> kerb
> was at rail level. This applied to all the stops on Brighton and St
> Kilda Rds.

I am sorry, but these platforms ARE there and are very clear in my
photos. I have these very clear 35mm photos (taken with my Pentax)
scanned and can post them in alt.binaries.pictures.rail if you don't
believe me.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand