Re: VR trams (was Batman Avenue Trams Finished!)

: The VR cars were not used in the city because their doors are narrower than
: on Ws. I think the only "platform" in Swanston St at the time was at the
: outward loading point for cars starting from Victoria St alongside the
: signal box.

Does anyone know when the platform at Flinders Street was removed?

I have given up with the L class trams, I know they were the widest
and I know that some trams couln't use swanston street because of
the platform(s).

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord