Re: do NOT, EVER, post messages containing HTML (was: "City Rail Security Guards")

In <7nmo9t$sps$1@toto.tig.com.au> "Peter Perkins" <peterp@tig.com.au> writes:

And the second half of it was a repeat of the first half, but in damn HTML!
grrrr.. It's about time I reminded everyone about *NOT* posting messages
with HTML content in newsgroups...

Most of us don't look kindly on people who post messages to this newsgroup
when the whole message is *repeated at the end* in bloody HTML! Do NOT EVER
post news articles containing copies of the text in HTML please.

It makes messages twice as large, harder to read, and very annoying to the
majority of people who read news using text-based newsreaders. HTML makes
normal text impossible to read...

If you want to post to newsgroups, which are a *text-based* medium, do *NOT*
post messages containing copies of the actual text appended at the end in
HTML. Most of us will ignore any HTML content.

Related to this, either configure your software properly so it doesn't
include HTML in news articles, or get different software which works
properly and doesn't irritate us with stuff we can't read outside of a
web-browser's news reading window.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport