Re: City Rail Security Guards

Peter Perkins wrote:

>   Saw security guards on the EastHill/Campbelltown line yesterday at 2:30pm.
> Getting tough with schoolkids. Is this what he public really wants?So much for
> the policy of leaving it up to "individual guards on individual trains". It
> will not work. The guard didn't give a damn if there were security guards on
> the train at that time or not.The best way?A mass meeting of all rail staff -
> drivers, guards, station staff. where we all stand firm until the gov removes
> these strikebreakers and scabs.Is Lewocki serious or just playing a game?This
> is serious stuff that we cant fix with band aid solutions.

The Industrial Relations Commission ordered us to take the Security Guards until
the Union could come up with an alternative.  I am waiting to hear from the
union as to the next part of the saga.  I follow all union directives, but I am
a little annoyed that none of my letters to the union ever get replied to or
even acknowledged.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au