Re: RIP ASW?

David Langley wrote:

> Maurie Daly wrote:
>
> > There are a number of other major problems in the ballarat route.
> > The first one is getting the SG line across the BG tracks at Sunshine.
> > A simple grade crossing introduces a heap of train control / access / whose
> > trains get priority arguments between the various operators .
>
> I find this very hard to believe. This is one of those problems that can be
> solved by having one authority being responsible for the train control
> operations. Then the problem of your train or mine does not arise, each train is
> treated on its merits.

Surely there is plenty of room at Sunshine to build a flyover, anyway?

Whenever a problem as trivial as that one is advanced as a reason not to
do something, you can be sure that either there are political motives or
there are bureaucrats who are simply finding an excuse to avoid doing
anything at all.

Eddie Oliver