Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

Iskandar Baharuddin wrote in message <379D8AD4.610CE906@highway1.com.au>...
>I retired from a professional practice with a large office in
>North Sydney, near the station. Some of the secretaries rode the
>train. I do not know of even one of the 90+ professionals who
>could afford to leave the car at home.

If you're in a business where you need to travel around, I can see
that.

I'm sitting in front of a window here, overlooking the entrance to
the Harbour Tunnel in North Sydney, and most people in my section
(mostly developers) catch public transport, mostly trains. Out of
about forty there are around ten who don't; two of those because
they do go & do marketing-type stuff elsewhere, and others
because they live somewhere with poor PT (eg. Baulkham Hills).
Most people here come in to work for the day here, and if they're
going somewhere it's usually only over the bridge into the city.

-Forg (Elsewhere)