Re: Freight Victoria Black

Greg Triplett wrote:

> Hi Michael,

> > film. Found that the Kodak Ektachrome films turned a lot of the darker
> > areas of the photo blue.<<
>
> I recently tried out this film and found Elite Chrome 200 turns Conrail blue
> towards a blacker colour. Also it does not hold its colour well in dull
> weather.
>
> >>Kodachrome i found, made a lot of the colours appear kind of brown.<<
>
> That would be consistant with the very dark green turning to black.

> > concerned.<<

K200 is grainy but is still very sharp compared to E6 films of simmilar speed.

> Has all the smooth characteristics of Chinese toilet paper. I gave up on it
> for several reasons: Grainy as hell, colour washes out in dull weather and
> it turns red in time exposures.

If you have read Kodak's technical data for K200 or for that matter any K14
chemistry film.  You will note that long exposures say over 1/4-1 sec
(depending on film speed) are not recommended  due to both reciprocity and
colour shifts.  Also if you are having with the colour being washed out you
should check your metering technique, or look at investing into a hand held
incedent light meter.

> >>I have made some really good shots using the Sensia however, and thecolour
> reproduction seems almost spot on.<<
>
> Looks like I'm going to try some Sensia soon.

Give Fuji's Astia (RAP) a go.  No exposure correction necessary for exposures
up to 32s and very fine grained and very acurate colour reproduction.

My  $0.02 worth

-greg