Freight Victoria Black

Hi Folks,

The question: How to photograph the new FV green livery.

The problem as I see it that it's likely to turn black on Kodachrome.

My evidence for this is as follows:

The FV green is very similar to the green used on the BNSF pumpkins. My
experience photting these magnificent beasts over the last couple of
trips is that the green turns almost black on Kodachrome. If you check
out the many pictures of this paint in magazines you could be forgiven
for thinking that it is black. It's in fact dark green but comes out
black in the slides most of which are likely to be on K64.

Having examined X47 up close it is almost the same shade of green. I
haven't taken any phots of it yet and it's a fine paint job but it looks
likely to turn black in the slides. Take a look at the cover of Newsrail
for July. X47 looks almost black which could be the problem I'm talking
about.

Any suggestions for a film which will render the dark green correctly ?
Might need Velvia, Provia or perhaps Astia ? No film (digital ).

Regards

GT