Re: 3830 + 4401 to Yulefest at Katoomba

John Godfrey wrote...

>We were one hour 30 mins late due to works between Emu Plains and Seven
Hills,
>and as I'm sure you all can imagine we had many rightly anxious passangers.

The trip home was worse. Coming back from Clarence we were held outside Mt
Victoria. Apparently an interurban had termiated in the platform and the
driver had left before his replacement had arrived. 30 minutes lost. At Emu
Plains we were held for about 20 minutes waiting for the pilotman to appear,
then the 25kph run to Seven Hills. I spent most of the trip from Parramatta
to Sydney trying to pull coal forward while the train was baralling along at
full track speed. Anybody who has been on a tender locomotive at speed will
know what a rocky ride you get when you are half on the loco and half in the
tender.

Trevor