Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: (Not the facts)

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:01:31 GMT, qldspeed-spamsevil@geocities.com
(qldspeed) wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:59:21 +1100, David Bromage
><dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote:
>
>>Mark Gibson wrote:
>>>
>>> The "study" in question is undoubtedly bogus.  A visit to the Web
>>> site will show that the loons who did the alleged "study" are fanatical
>>> ecowackos who hate cars and modern, road-based transportation systems.
>>
>>So would a report by the NRMA saying the exact opposite be any more credible?
>>
>>Rather than dismissing the report out of hand, I suggest you read it and
>>challenge specific arguments within it.
>
>Mr. Gibson is right!  It would be hard to take such a report seriously
>when you see the style of things that come out of Newman's unit.

It would be hard to take any report on motor vehicles from the NRMA
seriously, considering they have the motoring public to protect from
the truth between public transport and motor vehicles costs.

One example it only costed me $30 on the train per week for a weekly
from the Blue Mountains to Parramatta some time back and I think it
would have cost a lot more to run a motor vehicle in the same distant.

So is it the fact that cars make more economic sense then public
transport I don't think so, another example the cost of such things as
crashes for every death I heard cost $1,000,000.