Re: Cars make more economic sense than transit: fact

The Gardners wrote:

> Public transport...I can't be the nice guy anymore because people never
> respond kindly to you or at all!
> It's all, "This is MY personal air space, that means NO talking to me, NO
> looking at me, NO interaction at all!"
> I live in the western suburbs around Gisborne on several acres in a 4 year
> old upmarket home and it's a wonderful friendly country atmosphere but when
> I go into the city people don't smile!
> It's all heads down and don't look forward and don't look back. Get to where
> you're going and get back with great haste! Common courtesy takes a back
> seat.

It's a shame to see the nice guys disappearing...

Usually on Friday evenings, when most city folk were headed home, and
I'd already left work, gone to Bondi beach, and was heading home... I've
got to have several picnics with complete strangers on the rail-system..

You stop at town-hall, get yourself some food, and then enjoy the
company of all the other people in vestibule area...[picnics aren't so
big if you confine yourself to a double-seat] Sometimes it works, other
times you eat alone.

It's what you make of it. People can take longer to respond in the
train, compared to, say, walking down the street, but you've got the
opportunity. :o)

Leif.