Re: 3830 + 4401 to Yulefest at Katoomba

Chris Downs wrote:

> 3830 on nine (?) cars with 4401 pushing damn hard at the rear made for a
> good sight through the upper Mountains just after midday today.  The train
> was bound for Katoomba for Yulefest.
>
> 3830 was suffering minor slip on the 1 in 33s in light rain and heavy fog
> conditions.  Train speed slowed down to about 30km/h on 1 in 33s but quickly
> increased once a grade eased.
>
> 3830 looked great.  Twas just a pity the light was so poor and the fog so
> heavy beyond Bullaburra.  Largely impossible to see the whole train at once.
>
> Chris

Tour would have run to time as well if it was not for the RSA and their track
work.  If they issue an STN to us (3801Ltd), then they sould at least be able to
give us every oppourtunity to run to time within the STN slot.

We were one hour 30 mins late due to works between Emu Plains and Seven Hills,
and as I'm sure you all can imagine we had many rightly anxious passangers.

My  appologies go out the people on board the train yesterday and I thank them
for their kind patience.

John Godfrey
3801 Ltd Volunteer