Re: A few Steamfreight Pics

Roy Wilke wrote:

> Michael, I think you're taking a child's sandcastle here and constructing a
> full-scale replica of Mount Kosciousko out of it.

My sentiments exactly Roy. Michael is right in that in a bank or supermarket
(just what is super about them anyway?) a queue jumper is frowned upon but I'll
bet that the interloper and his grandchildren did not have a clue what they were
doing to the photo line and just what were they doing anyway. Haven't you seen
Michael people (non railway enthusiasts that is) take the silliest photos at
stations when a special train is about. They have no concept of the total picture
and the view that all pictures should be people free. The real world Michael, is
that this situation, whilst relished when it happens, does not happen often and
you have no right to demand it.

Roy rightly points out that the people are almost invisible to someone who merely
views the picture and was not there. We have all been disappointed by people
getting in the way but have absolutely no right to yell at them to get out of the
way. Polite request OK but if they refuse then bad luck. You will have to move
on. When all the people getting in the road are fare paying passengers then you
have some right to demand a people free shot.

David Langley.