Re: Chubb Security

Why has the RTBU left the decision to take trains with securtity guards on
them before 7PM up to individual guards? Why was there no organised campaign
to stop this rot?
It makes no sense to have guards patrolling trains in the afternoon peak,
passengers are already standing in the isles. Maybe this is the reason rail
fares are to rise by 14%.(ie paying the wages of Security Guards).
Chubb has been used in many strike breaking execises before today (ie
Wharfies.) If this new precedented move to have security guards patrolling
trains after 2pm continues then the role of train guards is deminished and
it won't be long before they will come under attack as station staff are
experiencing.
Tell your union representatives that they have to do more to stop Security
Guards. Problem is nobody is willing to citicise the State Labor Party and
Bob Carr.

                                Peter Perkins
     for RTBU Rank and File - Putting "U" back into Unity.

John <beverly@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
7n902k$ino$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7n902k$ino$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> I heard on the radio today that the union is against Chubb Security
patrols
> before 7.00pm. They say that the positions that are redundent should be
> retrained for these jobs.
>
> The SRA claim this is not possible because it could take 1 year to train.
>
> Fact 1. The security coarse that the Chubb guards and any guard for that
> matter take is for 8 days. This then entitles the person to have a
Security
> licence.
>
> Fact 2. Most of the guards that Chubb employ are students mainly from
India