Re: Booked out Melb XPTs

<snip>

> >That is an absurd remark.
>
> As was your argument.
>
> >If you cannot conduct a debate without
> >resorting to remarks like that, people will draw their own
conclusions
> >as to the likely substance of the rest of your arguments.
>
> I will debate valid comments with valid comments. Yours was not valid,
hence
> my reply ws not.
>
> DaveP

Current score

EHO 1, DP 0

DP, you deserved that. You were wrong and impolite in the face of a good
argument. North XPTs can often load 150-200 at Strathfield during busy
times. The trains sometimes leave Sydney with only a handful.

Another string of this thread was about the cost of the service. If you
take a look at Strathfield you'll find that there are already a lot of
staff there very busy dealing with luggage and the trains are often
delayed there loading the van. This already costs. Your process would
cost still more and would not necessarily improve the service.

The real problem exists where free PTV holders will book at busy times
'in-case' and then no-show. This is rampant and was the reason for the
introduction of the $10 charge a while back. But now they're free again
and it is back. They further then have the gall to apply to have their
voucher re-instated because they haven't travelled. Worse, the train
goes with empty seats and a waiting list.

Regards JJ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/