Re: Booked out Melb XPTs

Eddie Oliver wrote in message <3795BA5B.448B8CCE@efs.mq.edu.au>...

>You are confusing the issues. If people book late (relative to the
>fullness of the train), they should recognise that they are lucky to get
>what is available. Everybody else should not suffer.

This was a booking 4 weeks before departure. Anyway, how would everyone else
be suffering?

>(a) If you believe that, go to New Zealand (unless they have seen the
>light and changed the system) and see the chaos that results from that
>system (and note how long it takes at intermediate stations).

I have been to NZ and the times I saw it it worked reasonably well.

>(b) Roughly 200 people often get on an XPT at (say) Strathfield. Are you
>going to require all these people to be there long enough in advance to
>go through the 1 minute each, or are you going to have 200 employees
>each serving one person for one minute, or what?

200 joining one train at Strathfield? Bwahahahaaaaaa. These trains have a
capacity of around 350 - you are saying that more than 50% of the total
train capacity are joining at Strathfield. Whatever drugs you are on, I want
some.

DaveP