Re: Suggestions for Brisbane and QR Citytrain

Roy Wilke <3891@bit.net.au> wrote in message <378cc56c@news.ausmail.com>...

...  This would be an extremely expensive and politically unpopular thing to
do
... Now this is just being stupid. ...

You thought I was serious????

My theory was that, if a "news" group is being crowded by the opinions of
amateur railroad tycoons, I might as well "go over the top" with them.  I
still hope that the tycoons spent hours finding Peel Island on the map
before they realised that their legs had been pulled.

I'm well aware of the furore in 1997 when a proposal floated for a railway
from around Acacia Ridge towards Fisherman Islands (to spare Morningside
residents the noise).  "Save Gumdale" was the slogan recited by the Hon.
member for Capalaba then.

Barinia was a halt at 20m70c (see "Destination South Brisbane", ARHS, 1978 -
my copy from the Redlands museum), which I think means the crossing with
Wellington St and Bainbridge St.

Still not serious, but I'd put Dunwich station on the former Ilmenite dump
on Mining Lease 1001, about 1 km south, and extend Ballow Road to the
station.  (Hey!  we could run ore trains for Con. Rutile and ACI!)

Even though all of this is ridiculous, commuters would find a train a
pleasant alternative to standing up in the rain on the Quandamooka on a
rough night!

Regards

Bill