Re: More problems with Metrol?

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> : Have just heard on the radio that there are no trains (with exceptiopn to
> : Dandenong, Frankston lines) running via the City Loop and people have been
> : advised to catch trams due to yet another 'glitch in the computer system'.
>
> Yes another Metrol computer crash about 5:00pm, I gave up and caught the bus
> home.
>
> Belgrave/Lilydale line in the last 6 days has had:
> 2 Metrol computer crashes and
> 2 accidents stopping trains (on the same morning)
>
> oh, and they were sold (Hillside)
>
> --
> Chris Gordon
> http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord

And a few more:

Sunday 11/7:
    6:52am Belgrave to city train (first for the day) stopped at
Bedford Road (East Ringwood) level crossing - train had a red light,
level crossing not operating.  Stuck there for 5 mins, then eventually
moved until level with the stabling sidings. Stuck there for another
10 mins. The driver announced (with a very pissed-off sounding voice!)
that there was a "points failure" at Ringwood.  Eventually got into
the platform - another 5 mins delay before getting under way, then
stopping YET AGAIN between the Wantirna Rd & New St bridges. If it was
a points failure, how come we stopped there? We were WAY BEYOND any of
the points in the Ringwood area.....  Arrive FSS approx. 22 mins late.

Monday 12/7:
    5:58am Lilydale-city train held at Ringwood for 5 mins - no
explanation given. It was ON TIME when it arrived at RWD.... Arrived
Melb Central 5 mins late.

    7:17pm city-Lilydale "super express" ON TIME and only stopped
as per the timetable for a change. This is the first time that this
train HASN'T stopped between stations and/or at Heatherdale when I've
been on board it, although it did come to a crawl on the Melb side of
Heatherdale - and I've been travelling on it (usually 2 days/week) ever
since this particular service was introduced last December!

Wednesday 14/5 (as per quoted msg above):
    5:50pm Lilydale-city train arrived East Ringwood 15 mins late.
Just before it arrived, there was an announcement over the station PA
system to the effect that there was a major signal failure at BOTH FSS
and at Burnley. Arrived Richmond 16 mins late, arrived FSS approx. 28
mins late! This train then proceeded (via the loop) to Belgrave.

Thursday 15/5:
    Hopefully my train tonight will be on time, but I'm not betting on
it. My boss is starting to get pissed off, and so am I....

Mick