Re: Suggestions for Brisbane and QR Citytrain

I don't see any proposals for the Cleveland line, which presently goes in a
large and slow circle through Manly so that Central - Cleveland takes about
an hour by train (and about 20 minutes on a good day by car).

Suggestions:

1 Rebuild the Belmont Shire Tramway from Norman Park, with stations as
before at Seven Hills, Mount Bruce, City View, Mayfield Road, Carina,
Springfield and Belmont.

2 Extend this through to Cleveland.  Stations at Capalaba West (opportunity
for a major bus interchange), Capalaba (the shopping centre), and Alexandra
Hills.  Rejoin the existing Cleveland line at the former Barinia.

3 Reopen the former line from the present Cleveland (formerly Raby Bay) to
Cleveland Central and the previous Cleveland.

4 Extend the line to Dunwich (with a possible intermediate station at Peel
Island).

Regards

Bill

<931876261.223539@diddley.primus.com.au>...