Re: Platforms 4/5 Flinders St closure

: I think there was also mention that the through services to BOX BBN & ALM
: were to depart from another platform for the duration of the works to
: prevent overcrowding on 4

: can someone confirm this for me?

During the day all North Melbourne trains use Platform 4.

Normally in peak hour all North Melbourne trains use Platform 5.

So they changes are (peak hour) (with expections)
Platform 5 trains -> Platform 4
Platform 4 trains -> Platform 3
Platform 3 trains -> Platform 2
Platform 2 trains -> Platform 1
Platform 1 trains -> Platform 14

So all the poor people for Clifton Hill have to go to platform 14.

So you have Clifton Hill trains departing platform 14, down 1A, accross
the Burnley viaduct and changing to platform 9 at Spencer Street, while
yoy have some Lilydale/Mooroolbark/Belgrave/Upper Ferntree Gully trains
departing platform 1 center going through 1 west and accross the City
Circle Viduct to Spencer Street and changing to Platform 10.

(Funny going next to a Eltham train accross the viduct and you are
on the wrong side of it.)
I was on a Mooroolbark train on platform 1 and someone asked if it was
going to Eltham, I said it was going to Mooroolbark and I don't
think he knew where that was (he was very puzzled)

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord