Re: Platforms 4/5 Flinders St closure

On Fri, 02 Jul 1999 22:52:00 +1000, David Guymer
<davidmg@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>Due to the Hillside works at Flinders Street Platform 5 will be closed
>for some time from Monday. All Northern group trains will use Platform
>4. When the work is completed on Platform 5, the same will happen to
>Platform 4 Also the ramp from the concourse will be closed so that they
>can install escalators until both platforms are finished and the
>escalators are operational. Both Platforms are due to be completed by
>the Show but the Escalators are likely to be at the start of October.
>During these works trains on the Northern group will not operate via the
>loop after 20:00 Monday to Thursday or Weekends. I hope this answers
>your questions.

Yes thanks.

It was good of them to give us so much notice.  Hopefully it won't
affect 4/5 users much, apart from the overcrowding. I'll be very glad
when all of these works are done, but at the current rate there will
be disruption for years.
Peter Shute