Re: Last Friday's News

Craig Haber wrote in message <37816144.6C26CA9A@harnessnet.com.au>...
>G'day,
>
>BJ wrote:
>
>> Notagunzel wrote in message <3780AD87.C73F79CA@bigfoot.com>...
>> >Your correspondent attended a Signalbox inspection with a certain gunzel
>> >organization at Frankston, and was tragically disappointed to see R.L.
>> >(Victoria's Premier Gunzel) in attendance
>>

>> Not everyone's mate REGGIE!!!!
>> P.S. Was he making sound recordings of the signalbox???
>
>If that's who I think it is, he very nearly got a nice recording of R711
>disappearing in the distance from St Arnaud platform, while he ran along
>behind.......he doesn't know how close he was to being left there!  Yes we
>had departed, and yes I saw him running and red-lighted to let him on (were
>those groans I heard from those in his carriage??)   Nah, can't have been.
>
>Regards,
>CH.
>--
>Craig Haber

A few years ago I was firing up at Belgrave and he was riding in the van
behind us. Next moment you see a long pole with stereo foam mic sticking
over the bunker. A quick flick of the cab hose saw the pole being rapidly
zipped back into the van amidst heaps of cursing and swearing in some
foreign sounding language. But then, I'm a bit of a bastard....

A mate of mine was on a trip a few years ago - steamer was bouncing along
out in the middle of nowhere. Mate was hanging out of the window looking
back when suddenly something bonked him in the head. Had a good look and
realised that Reggie was in the next carriage ahead and the foam off his mic
blew off in the wind!!!