Re: Last Friday's News

BJ wrote:
> A few years ago I was firing up at Belgrave and he was riding in the van
> behind us. Next moment you see a long pole with stereo foam mic sticking
> over the bunker. A quick flick of the cab hose saw the pole being rapidly
> zipped back into the van amidst heaps of cursing and swearing in some
> foreign sounding language. But then, I'm a bit of a bastard....
>
> A mate of mine was on a trip a few years ago - steamer was bouncing along
> out in the middle of nowhere. Mate was hanging out of the window looking
> back when suddenly something bonked him in the head. Had a good look and
> realised that Reggie was in the next carriage ahead and the foam off his mic
> blew off in the wind!!!

A number of years ago, Reggie managed to get himself onto a Steamrail charter
to Bacchus Marsh. Having claimed a seat in 1BCE as close to the loco as
possible, two enthusiastic volunteers positioned themselves on either side
(one in the next compartment and the other at the guard's door) and proceeded
to shout at each other through Hogaphones as the train departed.

Cheers
David