Re: The stupidity of passengers.

In article <1999Jan12.105759.14913@hpal01.isd.tafensw.edu.au>,
  mstrutt@newsmail.tafensw.edu.au wrote:
> > andrew-d wrote:

> >i have never been racist towards any one at work and have been spat at about
five times

> 	So what prompted that spitting?

One of the times I was spat on was simply because I left Liverpool on time,
and the person who was running late and missed the train thought he would
take out his aggression on me by spitting on me.

> >i now see it coming and close the door early but this is a breach
> > of safety as i am meant too watch the train all the way out of the platform.
>
> 	Huh?
> 	You see being spat on coming and close the doors early?

He meant he closes the guard's door (no "s")

> 	What tips you off, and if you close the doors, how do
> 	you know you're going to be spat on?

Some people have that look in their eye (and perhaps the way they're hocking
up phlegm gives it away too).