Re: The stupidity of passengers.

mstrutt@newsmail.tafensw.edu.au wrote:

> In article <369684FB.42A194B0@ozemail.com.au>, David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:
> > mstrutt@newsmail.tafensw.edu.au wrote:
> >
> >>         I used to think that the third world service with first world
> >>         fares offered by Cityrail was due primarily to management/govt
> >>         incompetence and bastardry, with perhaps a small factor due
> >>         to a few apathetic moronic little Hitlers working there.
> >
> > Have you ever travelled on a third world service?  I should think not with an ill-informed comment such as that.
>
>         Five years in India travelling largely on trains.
>         Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam (the only one worse value
>         for money than here).
>
>         Singapore, though not third world, is a good example
>         of how an urban rail system should be run.

Then you will appreciate just how cheap and good CR is!!!
People like you often whinge, they talk about privatization and we won't know what hit us etc.
I say bring on privitisation, then all you whingers can have something else to whing about.
The price of your tickets! They will go throught the roof.

Lets face it. You get what you pay for.
(Thats if you buy yr ticket)

rgds