Re: The stupidity of passengers.

In article <369AC0EB.3C4A2993@fastlink.com.au>, Robert Harris <bob@fastlink.com.au> writes:
> mstrutt@newsmail.tafensw.edu.au wrote:

>> > Have you ever travelled on a third world service?  I should think not with an ill-informed comment such as that.
>>
>>         Five years in India travelling largely on trains.
>>         Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam (the only one worse value
>>         for money than here).
>>
>>         Singapore, though not third world, is a good example
>>         of how an urban rail system should be run.
>>

> Then you will appreciate just how cheap and good CR is!!!

	I appreciate that that remark is rubbish.
	Ever travelled on Singapore's MRT?

> People like you often whinge, they talk about privatization and we won't know what hit us etc.

	I was *against* privatisation when I started reading this NG.

	Still am actually, but I can see there's no point in
	joining up with rail staff to try to stop it.

> I say bring on privitisation, then all you whingers can have something else to whing about.
> The price of your tickets! They will go throught the roof.

	I think you're right.

	Not because of privatisation per se, but because it will
	be done in a way that the mates of the govt all get localised
	cartels, so there will still be effective monopolies, with
	public assets flogged at discount prices to boot.

	I'm dead against privatisation, but it can only be stopped
	if the taxpaying, train riding public and organised rail
	labour can come together on this.

	This NG has demonstrated to me that there is no prospect
	of that happening.

> Lets face it. You get what you pay for.

	We must be paying shit for CR staff salaries then.

> (Thats if you buy yr ticket)

	And pay taxes too.
	Don't forget, we're *double* hit for these 'services'.

> rgds

							- michael
Michael Strutt                          Title: Analyst/Programmer
Applications                            Phone: 9950-1844
Information Technology Bureau             Fax:
TAFE NSW, Australia                  Internet: MICHAEL.STRUTT@tafensw.edu.au