Re: Ticket Machines in Melbourne - Again

Daniel Bowen wrote in message <3691FA65.1AB6C2C4@mailexcite.com>...
:Answered many times, based on an answer from the Metcard help line:
:You travel, then buy your zone 2 ticket at Box Hill.
:
(excuse me if this is a double posting)

It's nice in theory - just wait til you encounter a ticket inspector who
wont believe your story. I've seen it happen before.
Last week however, i came across a good ticket inspector, a person genuinely
lost their ticket and was willing to do anything to prove he did have one
prior, instead of being a bastard the ticket inspector was nice to him, told
him to get off at the next station to purchase a ticket, and therefore gave
him the benefit of the doubt. I guess you can tell when people are trying to
rip off the system. But it doesnt stop the bastards for ruining the
reputation of all the nice ticket inspectors that exist out there.

Regards,
Michael.