Re: Transfer of X35 &S317 from Newport workshops to seymour

>your money's still on Australian Transport Network (Wisconsin Central)
>rather than Freight Victoria (RailAmerica)  or Australia Southern
>Railroad (Genesee & Wyoming)?
>
>Any reason?

been on holidays these last 5 weeks, and have heard nothing apart from a
letter from Rod O'Loan telling all staff that the decision would be made in
February and we would all get a mailout notifying us who won the spoils!

Talk around the traps is who is backing AusRail??
and for that matter who is behind Paul Moore?? [sorry Paul, this is not
meant to embarass you or your partners]
although I am very proud to know Paul, and respect him for what he has
managed, I have never asked him who, I realised early on that commercial
considerations would preclude a meaningfull answer, and so decided not to
watch my friend squirm.

Now here is a very wild guess being made and talked about around the
traps......
If you were very disapointed about your mainland purchases particularly in
South Australia, would you not cover all your options and perhaps set up two
fairly decent Companies, one in NSW and the other in Victoria, which
together would make a fairly good backstop, if your tender for V/Line or
Nat. Rail were to fail????
Is it possible that Wiscon Central are the secret backers, and that both
companies will either be absorbed by Wiscon, if they win a major Railway, or
be built up quickly as a major competitor should their bid fail???

Please do not print only part of this message it should remain in context!!

<<<<<NOTE THIS IS A WILD GUESS AND SHOULD NOT BE SEEN AS BEING FACTUAL AT

Also who bought the West Aust. L class..Are they at Islington, or heading
there??[ rumours say Wiscon]
Who bought the AN EL's?? [ news group says Southern]

Sorry Guys