Re: Transfer of X35 &S317 from Newport workshops to seymour

Krel wrote in message <3690200e.11305646@news.netconnect.com.au>...
>On Fri, 01 Jan 1999 01:39:09 GMT, petan@ion.com.au (petan@ion.com.au)
>wrote:
>
>>It had  at least two smashes. One was in 1983 at South Dynon and the
>>other was somewhere on the northern part of the North East line. I
>>seem to remember something about a crossing loop head on.
eccentric crank.

S317 was rebuilt after the Barnawatha smash and recieved a "new" nose. It
ran almost uneventfully untill it destroyed a engine block about 5 years
ago. Unless it has been stripped at Newport it should be in otherwise good
condition. Had almost new wheels and traction motors last time I saw it at
Dynon......unless...
The X was very badly damaged and was stored as uneconomic to rebuild! Thank
God the boys at Seymour have got it. They work miracles. I wonder how long
before Wiscon Central or whoever gets V/Line next month takes to find out
there are Locos there to hire???
                                                     Rod