Re: Transfer of X35 &S317 from Newport workshops to seymour

"Rod" <berlina@guvsucks.bigpond.com> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>The X was very badly damaged and was stored as uneconomic to rebuild! Thank
>God the boys at Seymour have got it. They work miracles. I wonder how long
>before Wiscon Central or whoever gets V/Line next month takes to find out
>there are Locos there to hire???

Following up on this comment, I have a list of Seymour locos as
follows

Diseasel
GM36, B74 (on SG), S303, S317, T320, T357, T378, X35, Y133, F202

(That's enough to start your own "hook and pull" operation - almost as
much HP as Paul Moore).

Steam
K176, J512, J515

Railcars
DRC43, RM58

and in excess of 40 passenger cars.

I suppose they're lucky as Seymour in that it's generally a drier
environment that say Newport or Williamstown for the storage of locos
and cars.

I'd imagine various groups/operators will probably grab the remaining
Ys and four Ss rather than letting them go to scrap.

And Rod....

your money's still on Australian Transport Network (Wisconsin Central)
rather than Freight Victoria (RailAmerica)  or Australia Southern
Railroad (Genesee & Wyoming)?

Any reason?

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Web site at http://people.enternet.com.au/~steam4me
Visit Steam Media Productions' site at http://people.connect.net.au/~steam
Latest production "1997 - The Victorian Year in Steam" now available