Re: The stupidity of passengers.

In article <368f7195.0@139.134.5.33>, "Rod" <berlina@guvsucks.bigpond.com> writes:

>>Sigh... this is one thing in the favour of privatisation - fully-armed and
>>trained security personel, like what many US and Canadian transit operators
>>have.. They wouldn't tolerate people doing what people get away with now on
>>our trains.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Craig.
>>--
>    Craig,
>                 Truly mate, think abnout what you just said!!!
> Armed Security Guards.....just like America.....Come On , now a few gangs
> that have a very high profile and 3million Sydney Siders are going to have
> to put up with armed Security Guards????
> Guess who your Security Guards are Going to be. Most I have seen are Middle
> Eastern maniacs who failed  the Police Academy [perhaps]
> And that will really lower the tone of the place!
> Catch the bastards and send them back where they come from, and actually I
> believe that most come from good old Aussie.
> Next thing to do is work out why our lifestyle is going down the shit
> tube????
> Dont go past the Pollies because they know why, and so do you.
>
> Rod [Have you been shat on by a blewbird today?]

	Most of the security guards I have seen around Sydney
	are Anglos or from the Indian subcontinent rather than
	middle eastern and thank Christ they are merely useless,
	not dangerous like the replacements Craig would propose.

	What is more of a problem is the Anglo Australian police
	who now hang around blocking station entrances at rush
	hour and harrassing rail travellers who's only crime is
	youth and cheap clothes, especially in the Western Suburbs.

	Dunno what the experience of rail workers might be, but
	as a daily traveller on NSW trains for decades I have
	*never* seen a really threatening incident initiated
	by young people on trains (although if you feel threatened
	by four letter words you might see it differently),
	however middle aged drunks on trains and police at
	station entrances frequently generate confrontations.
	(I'm currently working in St Leonards across from
	 RNS hospital and get to watch police hanging around
	 the station hassling junkies trying to get to the
	 methadone clinic).

	IMHO SRA management is playing people like Craig *and*
	the more timid passengers for suckers, feeding their
	paranoia with guards, trains half blacked out, an
	end to overnight services. As long as rail staff
	blame passengers for lack of safety and passengers
	blame staff for deteriorating services noone is
	blaming the real culprits. They've already got Craig
	ready to accept privatisation and armed guards to
	protect him from school kids.

	A bit like our Premier of Criminal Cronies and Corrupt
	Police blaming school kids with pen knives for crime
	in NSW.

							- michael

Michael Strutt                          Title: Analyst/Programmer
Applications                            Phone: 9950-1844
Information Technology Bureau             Fax:
TAFE NSW, Australia                  Internet: MICHAEL.STRUTT@tafensw.edu.au