Re: The stupidity of passengers.

Bill Bennett wrote:

> I can just imagine who would be in the wrong if you really stood up to these guys.
>
> Since I arrived in Sydney, I've seen a number of scary incidents on Cityrail trains,
> but have always been shocked to see other passengers ignore things. Then one day,
> someone stood up to some of these youths who were trying to wreck a train, I joined in
> to support him. When the police turned up, none of the other passengers would speak
> up. We were made to feel like we were weird for caring about our trains. I've also
> noticed that other passengers won't back up CityRail staff when these things happen.

I was involved in a similar incident between hawksbury river and woy woy
on a V set when a few kids were kicking out the windows in the doors and
one of the other passengers had a word to them and they didn't take him
seriously so we devised a plan that would catch them at woy woy,
basically i went into the adjecent car , the other guy went into the
main part of the car they were in and we held the respective doors
closed and the driver stood outside the main doors and had the police on
hand and they were taken away without question, this is a good example
of citizens and staff working together to stop these fare evading, train
damaging, passenger annoying pricks
--
I Michael Van Baast       I