Re: Some recent Melb spark news

Of interest is the following observations too:

What happened Thursday?

The power appeared to be off suddenly on one of the down Caulfield lines. It
must have been sudden as one train had apparently just left Richmond (was
not quite a carriage length out of the station. A down Moorabbin (so it's
destination roll alleged) was stuck behind it. I presumed the power was out
by virtue of the fact passengers had opened the doors and were having a look
around on the wrong side of the train (ie non-platform at Richmond). Oh
yeah, and the Richmond one had its pantographs down. Was this in any way
related to the signal failure at Burnley that kept the 8.05 down Blackburn
waiting for 3-5 minutes? At least that's what the driver told us it was. I
believed him given the 8.07 Burnley siding empty cars beside us appeared to
have nowhere to go too, although any corrections are most welcome.

Also, on the way home, I noticed the help/information box on platform 3 at
Canterbury is Y2K compatible you will be glad to know. At least, that's what
the sticker on it courtesy of the Bayside Trains Y2K compliance program
says. It includes Bayside's logo. Pretty classic given the supposed
competition between Hillside and Bayside.

I might also remind people that Epping / Hurstbridge trains are using
platform 14 at the moment. Could be worth a photo or two. Especially now
there is a vantage point right above the platform 1 rails.