Re: Some recent Melb spark news

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Michael Walker wrote:

> Also, on the way home, I noticed the help/information box on platform 3 at
> Canterbury is Y2K compatible you will be glad to know. At least, that's what
> the sticker on it courtesy of the Bayside Trains Y2K compliance program
> says. It includes Bayside's logo. Pretty classic given the supposed
> competition between Hillside and Bayside.

Last week sometime, (Tue?), a train driver with a Bayside Trains hat ran
the 16:48 down Hurstbridge Hillside service.  Looks like their still short
on drivers.

> I might also remind people that Epping / Hurstbridge trains are using
> platform 14 at the moment. Could be worth a photo or two. Especially now
> there is a vantage point right above the platform 1 rails.

Just be careful you don't get sucked out onto track 1A when walking along
the temporary access bridge along track 1!.  A train going no more than 15
kmh creating a suprising amount of wind when it ran past me (no more than
1 metre away) last week.

Gareth