A Track Work Gripe.- Be Warned!

  I've had enough! For years we have had to endure weekend track
closures in Sydney due to maintanence or upgrade or whatever, and though
I understand that the work is essential, there has got to be a better
way. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind too much that occationally I have
to catch a bus for part of my journey, but when CityRail tells you to
allow an extra 30mins to your travel time and it turns out to be 55mins
instead, thats too much.

  This morning, Sun 14th Feb, I had to get from Regents Park to Newtown.
I left Regents Park on the railway bus (at 720am) to Strathfield
(arriving approx 7.45am), so far so good. THEN, after waiting approx
15mins, catch a train to Ashfield (arrival approx 8.05am), THEN, after
ANOTHER 30min wait catch ANOTHER train to Newtown, finally arriving at
8.45am. A total time of 1hr 25mins for a normal trip of 30mins. It's
unacceptable.

  Again, I understand the need for maintainance & upgrade, but CityRail
should look more closely at there timetabling during this work.

Ross

PS: BTW This gripe is from one who has no choice but to rely on PT
    for his transport needs.