Re: A Track Work Gripe.- Be Warned!

With all these weekend closures how often does the following happen:
Marketing suggests use the train to go to zoo, aquarium, Darling Harbour or
whatever.
Family of non-users arrive at station unaware of weekend shutdown.
Journey takes 30-60 minutes more than required, each way!
Family resolves in future to use the Commodore and the M2,4,5 or whatever.

There is a conflict between the Marketing and the engineering shut downs.
It is time someone woke up to it and found a better way.

Does every urban railway need this level of shutdown?

Ken