Re: A Track Work Gripe.- Be Warned!

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999 18:03:28 +1100, Ross Walker <rawalker@tac.com.au>
wrote:

>  I've had enough! For years we have had to endure weekend track
>closures in Sydney due to maintanence or upgrade or whatever, and though
>I understand that the work is essential, there has got to be a better
>way.

The answer is in your hands!

There is a State election on 27/3.   If everyone complained to their
local candidates and asked how their political party intends t handle
the situation ... well???

I seem to recllect that when "they" brought in NightRide buses in lieu
of trains between midnight and pre-dawn, we were told that track
maintenance would all be done then, so we would not have these
cntinuing massive shutdowns.

Hunslet